How to make international business organisations work? You need excellent data analysis and cross-cultural management skills, as well as global brand and project management competencies. This is what this management programme tries to give you.
MSc in International Management attracts a culturally diverse mix of international students. It is an ideal choice if you want to progress in your career from entry-level to a managerial position. Graduates go on to pursue a variety of successful careers in corporate organisations or perform managerial roles in smaller and medium-sized organisations throughout the world.
[[ quote category="student_quotes" entry="toth-anna-hungary-msc-student" style="1"]]
|Duration of study period||3 semesters**|
|Tuition fee per semester in Vienna|
(payable for the first 2 semesters only)
|Tuition fee for the full programme||€ 11,800|
|One-off registration fee for non-EU citizens||€ 900|
|Degree awarded by||The University of Buckingham|
|Admission criteria||Bachelor's degree in any field|
|Language of tuition||English|
**The 3 semesters consist of 2 on-campus semesters and 1 dissertation writing semester
***The start of each MSc programme depends on a sufficient number of students (at least 7 students per programme).
Please find the curriculum here.*
* IBS reserves the right to change the curriculum, subject to approval by The University of Buckingham.
Key areas of studies
Business data analysis, entrepreneurship and family business, organisational behaviour, corporate communications, leading and managing people, CSR, project management, business strategy, cross-cultural management skills. The curriculum is indicative and is subject to change.
Business Data Analysis
Principles and Practices of Global Business
Leading and Managing People
Entrepreneurship and Family Business
1 - 2
Managing Global Brands
International Management Elective*
Research Methods for Social Sciences**
Cross-cultural Management Skills
*International Management Electives
Corporate Social Responsibility
** Prerequisite: Academic Skills
Knowledge & Understanding
Students upon graduation should be equipped with
- global economic and managerial issues as they relate to strategic decision making;
- contemporary issues related to the dynamics of international business, including the phenomenon of globalization;
- practical implications of international business theories regarding the external and internal operations of multinationals;
- appropriate techniques to deal with complex issues critical to the success of multinational firms
Disciplinary & Professional Skills
Upon completion of this course, students should be able to:
- To create an opportunity for students to enter line and staff management positions in companies and develop international managerial skills.
- To study, review, and put into practice both the “tried and tested” techniques and the latest concepts in the field of international management.
- To develop a critical awareness of the global business environment and the relevant tools required to make a business or organisation successful in an increasingly competitive world.
- To develop students’ ability to critically evaluate a range of management issues and offer viable solutions to problems.
- To provide students with an understanding of methods and techniques that they can effectively apply both in a multinational company setting and an SME environment.
- To develop international managers, skilled in interpersonal and cross-cultural communications, and equipped with up-to-date knowledge on international management.
- To create a global and strategic mindset and to develop sensitivity to learning from other cultures.
- To build an appreciation in students of the need to continuously develop skills and knowledge throughout their careers.
[[ quote category="student_quotes" entry="dr-robert-pichler-professor-of-ibs" style="2"]]
This programme offers valuable preparation for anyone contemplating a career in general management and is an ideal step towards graduate-level employment, especially if you want to progress your career from an entry-level to a management position.
Current graduates are employed at the middle management level by multinational corporations such as IBM, GE, or Alcoa-Köfém; or by ministries/government agencies.
Application deadline for the February intake 2024:
- 30 November 2023
Should you have further questions regarding the admissions procedure kindly contact us at email@example.com