The following rules have been decided by IBS Senate and apply for refunding of tuition fees.
Refund Policy for non-EU applicants – Vienna Campus:
- Once you have received the admission certificates of IBS for the permit application, you are entitled for a refund only if your permit is refused and you email the refusal document to IBS. No other excuse for the refund is accepted.
- Please note, that in case your residence permit is granted we can NOT refund you the application fee, tuition fee and the registration fee in any circumstances.
- You will have to contact the Immigration Lawyer in Austria that IBS has engaged. The communication with the lawyer takes place via Austria@mie.company . They will assist you with the residence permit process and you will have to prepare all required documents as they instruct you. Their services are free of charge for you.
If you do not use the services of the Immigration Lawyer, there is no refund for you in case of a rejected permit.
If all required permit documents have been submitted and your permit is refused (but you have not enrolled yet), your paid tuition fee will be refunded with the exception of EUR 400 which is non-refundable.
If your permit is rejected after you have already enrolled, you may reclaim the full amount of your paid tuition fees until 15 December with the exception of EUR 400 on condition that you have attended classes and submitted all your assignments online as required by the programme regulations until the date of your visa refusal. Instead of a refund, you may request a deferral to the next intake with the same conditions. EUR 400 will be charged for your first semester even if deferral is granted.
If your permit is refused due to inappropriate documents, the application fee, the registration fee and EUR 2,000 from your tuition fee payment are non-refundable.
If you have enrolled but do not receive the permit decision up to 15 December, you can ask IBS to defer you to the next intake on condition that you have attended classes and submitted all your assignments online as required by the programme regulations, but EUR 400 will still be charged for your first semester.
If you decide to leave Austria or to transfer to another school, the application fee, tuition fee and the registration fee will NOT be refunded.
Please note that we can refund the fee only to the same bank account that you transferred it from due to strict financial regulations!
If your permit application is rejected, you have to apply (https://apply.ibsbudapest.com/courses/course/307-refund) for a refund.
- Please log in to your original application with your applicant code. This gives you access to your IBS account. If you forgot your applicant code, please send us an email to
- Please go to the FIND PROGRAMMES section on the left side and click on OTHER, then under STUDY LANGUAGES on the right side please choose UNSPECIFIED
- Choose REFUND and click on Apply now on the right side.
- Then clone your personal data by clicking the Yes, clone my previous application button.
- Please attach your permit refusal document to your refund application, as we cannot process your request without that!
- Please attach your full Austrian permit refusal document.
- Fill in all the required bank data (the bank data must match the bank data of your original payment).
- The next step is to submit your application.
- We will start working with the application and inform you about the next steps as soon as possible.